Tuesday 12 June 2012

WIAW - Going Home

I am writing this post Tuesday night as tomorrow I have an incredibly busy day. I have to be up at five to finish packing, and then I have my final shift at the radio station where I am an intern and then I have to rush to the airport to catch my flight home. I cannot wait to get home tomorrow - I've missed my family tons. It is sad to be finishing my internship, I've had so much fun working with the guys there and it was a great experience. I don't know if I want to work in radio when I graduate, but it has definitely made me want to be journalist.

Also, Jamie Oliver is currently on Masterchef Australia. He is calling the girls he is competing against 'babe' and 'sweetheart' in his gorgeous accent. He is so humble, and so lovely. My roommates and I are sitting here swooning.

So, enough talking. Onto the eats for this week - and this month WIAW is focusing on sensible snacking. As usual, to check out other WIAW, go to our lovely hosts website - Peas and Crayons. Thanks for hosting Jenn!


Breakfast: Peanut butter, banana and honey on wholemeal toast


Lunch: Brown rice and salmon, followed by fresh cut pineapple and the last of my sugar coated almonds



Snack (unpictured): Weetbix and a little bit of brownie

Dinner: I tried a new pasta tonight - if you want the detailed recipe let me know! It involves whole wheat pasta, zucchini, tomato, sauteed mushrooms, spinach, flaked almonds, and good amounts of garlic, lemon juice and onion (and good herbs - basil, rosemary, oregano and coriander). Topped with parmesan, obviously.


Dessert: Greek yoghurt with a healthy oatmeal chocolate chip cookie (Skinnytaste recipe slightly adapted) and a brownie. It is possible another brownie was consumed after the photo was taken. I am sorry about biting the brownie - I got ahead of myself.


I think overall I did a pretty good job - four lots of veggies, two lots of fruit, a good amount of dairy and whole grains. Maybe a little too much sugar was consumed for my tastes - I shouldn't have had the brownies after dinner, but overall, I think I did sensibly snack.

Hope you are all having a fantastic week! 

11 comments:

  1. Jealous, have so much fun at home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a good time at home, can't wait to hear all about it when you return :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. everything looks delicious! have fun back home!

    I also love Jamie Oliver!! :D

    www.glidingcalm.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun being home! Skinny Taste has the best recipes :)


    [Fitness, Health and Happiness]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog through Burning It Off - hooray, another Aussie blogger!

    I just LOVED seeing Jamie last night and everyone's reaction. Isn't he just gorgeous.

    Hope you have fun at home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Working at a radio station sounds so interesting. I've always wanted to know what goes on behind the scenes.
    Your eats look scrumptious, as usual. Happy WIAW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pasta looks like a great combo of flavors! I'd love to see the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE skinnytaste! Her recipes are always really healthy without being frankenfoods or super low calorie.
    I hope you make it home okay! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. have fun at home!!
    your breakfast is one of my favorites - such a classic :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wahooo yay for going home Bec! I cannot wait to hear about your time there and how happy it makes you, because I believe it will! I love Skinny Taste and use her recipes quite often.. she is all about using real food, which is great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That pasta looks/sounds fantastic! I'll have to check out that site for recipes... and your poor Weetbix never get pictures lol!!

    ReplyDelete