Monday 13 August 2012

Soft Eggs and Toast Soldiers


I have a confession.

I'm a total sucker for musicals. Any kind of musicals. Stage, screen, and apparently ads on tv. There is this Telstra ad on Australian tv which makes me so proud to be an Australian. The song is great, the attitude of everyone is great and it's just...great. If you have a minute, check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd8sFivSpys

Also have you seen the BBC Olympic Athlete Mody Match program? It's where you put in your height/weight and the BBC tells you which Olympic athlete you match. You know what I got? I am most like Youngjun Byun - a South Korean, male, walker. Not quite sure how to take this. Is it a good thing to be like a male walker? What did you guys get? It's a good laugh.

I have another confession.

I love reality tv. I hate myself a little for saying that, but I do. Give me fake emotion, lots of tears and mean girls and I am there.


And here is an incredibly easy recipe for you all on a Monday night. It's a great breakfast, or lunch or dinner. It's yummy, easy and hot. I know, I know, great description. But I've been up since 5:30 so I think I'll just say that this is one of the easiest yet tastiest recipes I have put up here.


Level of Difficulty: Easy
Average Cost: $
Occasion: Breakfast. Or lunch. Or dinner. I won’t tell.
Menu Options: Of course you can mix the herbs around, or just have plain toast. But definitely follow the directions when cooking the eggs.

Serves one – but is a rather big breakfast.


What you need:
                            
-          2 eggs
-          2 slices of wholemeal bread
-          2 tbsp butter, melted in a small bowl
-          2 tsp lemon juice
-          ½-1 tsp dried rosemary
-          ½-1 tsp dried thyme

What to do:

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.

Add some water to a pot and boil over medium-high heat. When the water is boiling (please wait until it is slightly bubbling), put in the eggs. Boil for six minutes. When done, remove from heat, place in egg holders and cut the top of the eggs off with a knife.

While the water is heating up, cut both pieces of bread into four pieces. In the small bowl with the melted butter combine the remaining ingredients and stir well. Dip the bread pieces in the liquid and lay out on an oven proof tray (already greased). If necessary, add more butter and herbs. I only put this much on because I’m not a fan of greasy toast, but if you are, feel free to add more.

Bake the toast soldiers in the oven for 7-10 minutes or until crispy and slightly golden.

The eggs should finish just before the toast soldiers. Place on a plate and enjoy dipping them into the gooey eggs!


4 comments:

  1. ME TOO I used to be such a drama nerd so I seriously have musicals still stuck in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah... last night at work I was singing every song from "Annie Get Your Gun" I could think of. I did theatre for just over ten years and was going to pursue it professionally (even if it was production management and not something glamorous like acting) before I remembered that I care about my blood pressure.

    And Eggs and Soldiers? I made them for Boyfriend once. It's his favourite breakfast now. So good... You and I are two birds of a feather. Or two feathers on a bird. Whichever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, oh production management would have been totally awesome! But you are right, talk about a stressful job choice. Eggs and soldiers are just so brilliant :) Definitely two birds of a feather :)

      Delete