Tuesday 25 September 2012

WIAW - After a cold

Happy Wednesday everyone. This post was done incredibly early this week as my Mum is visiting me again, this time for five days, so I'm off somewhere with her right about now.

On an unrelated note - is anyone else psyched that good tv returns this week? So many cliffhangers from last season! So much to catch up on. There goes uni work for the rest of the semester.

As it's Wednesday, it's time for WIAW. No preamble - straight into it this week. A huge thanks to Jenn at Peas and Crayons as per usual for hosting it.


Here is what I ate Saturday, which was my third day of no exercise for the week and the day I was supposed to do absolutely nothing in order to get over a horrid cold I had had all week which had ruined most of my plans. I didn't do nothing - I cleaned the apartment, went food shopping and discovered the fantastic tv show Awkward. I went back to the gym finally on Sunday, I was in desperate need by then, and it hurt. But it felt great.

Breakfast - The usual. Oats, banana, cinnamon, honey. Recycled picture.


Lunch - This was such a good lunch. Salada sandwich with avocado, tomato, mozzarella, basil and a balsmic/olive oil dressing.


After Yvonne and I cleaned the entire apartment, because if we didn't my Mum would when she got here, I had a mango. Man, this was amazing. I could live off these things.


Snack - These skinny peanut butter brownies were made. It was pretty much like eating fudge. They were fantastic. Why yes, we did finish the tray.


Dinner -I made this random salad consisting of grilled peaches (from a tin), roasted tomatoes, sweet potato chips, spinach, brown rice and salmon. It was fantastic.



Dessert - remains unpictured as it was a mix of yoghurt, brownies, popcorn and fruit - just random bits of whatever I felt like.

And that's all for this week. Have a lovely week guys!

26 comments:

  1. Your mom is visiting for a whole five days!!! lucky duck! I need mango, mango mango mango. I haven't had one in ages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read that your Mum is visiting too! Yay, we both got lucky :)

      Delete
  2. YES, I am very excited for the return of the TV shows...It feels like the season finales aired years ago. I'll probably have to go back and watch the last episode of each series to make sure I know what happened!
    Hope you and your mom are having a good time!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I've been obsessed with watching all the new eps. I'm catching up now. It's ridiculous how much tv I watch.

      Delete
  3. Glad you started feeling better & were able to make it to the gym on Sunday!

    Your dinner looks incredible... like i want it now! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, it was serious struggle last week. I hate it when you suddenly get sick. And thank you :)

      Delete
  4. Yummy mango.. I just had my first one of the season yesterday (featured at my WIAW).. I love mango! YUM.. as for the fudge brownies; looks delicious ;-) Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love mango too - easily my favourite fruit! And the brownies were certainly amazing :)

      Delete
  5. I hope you are having a great time with your mom right now! Glad you are feeling better. :)

    Super yummy eats!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon - I'm feeling much better now :)

      Delete
  6. Those brownies? Redic! Recipe?

    Happy WIAW :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Recipe will definitely be up next week sometime - keep a look out! :)

      Delete
  7. Oh yum! I am currently impatiently waiting for my cold to go away so I can go back to exercising as well :( But that sandwich and brownies look so very good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm sorry to hear you got sick too! Colds are the worst - they're not really that serious, so no one cares too much about them and you don't get any sympathy haha.

      Delete
  8. Your day of eats looks amazing! Especially that mango. I love how you cut it. Cute :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks. I'm terrible with a knife, so i figured this was the safest way to ensure I got all the good bits of the mango :)

      Delete
  9. Yes, I'm super super excited for all of the tv premieres! My couch is going to be my best friend this week:)

    The brownies look phenom. Can you post the recipe you used?


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Recipe will definitely be up next week :) It's a killer. I can pretty much the entire pan in one sitting.

      Delete
  10. OMGOMGOMG those brownies look AMAZING!!!!

    Hope that you are feeling 100% better - being sick is no fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - definitely getting better now! And the brownies were fabulous :)

      Delete
  11. Gahh being sick is never fun :( I hope you are back at 100% AND SOON! Oh and yeah, those brownies look incredible, your food always does Bec!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tessa!! The brownies taste as good as they look, I swear! x

      Delete
  12. I adore grilled peaches. They don't need anything on them, just straight in the grill, then in my mouth. Uber yum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad someone else gets it! My roomates think I'm crazy, but I can't go past them!

      Delete
  13. Delicious - love the look of the Mango and the brownies and your salada sandwich and your random salad at dinner. You have had one seriously delicious day :)

    xo Emilie @ Hungry Delights

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emilie :) It was a pretty good one haha. x

      Delete