Thursday 25 July 2013

Life Lately

Hello friends.

Sorry for my prolonged absence. Well, not really. As I am graduating in less than six months I have been enjoying what may be my last lengthy holiday for a while. Week one of my last semester is already over so there is only 12 weeks left. Mostly I just wish people would stop asking me what I am going to do when I graduate because I have absolutely no idea.

No idea.

I'm working on it.


In other news, I have started a separate blog that I am going to run more like an online resume with examples of my work. As I want to write, I think having a place where I can put up my work is a good idea. I'll put the link up here later, when I'm happy with what I've done.


My younger brother turned 18 a week ago, and tonight is his Adventure Time themed party, which should be pretty fun.

I started a couch to 5k program, mostly to motivate me into doing more cardio and to improve my times and so far it's been pretty great. I've stuck to the schedule and my stamina and time have improved. It hasn't been very long, but given my track record with running (I'll do it for two days and then give up), I'm doing well.


I'm sure you noticed, but if you didn't: Andy Murray won Wimbledon. I'm saying this mostly to remind my Grandad, who continually tells me Murray's just lucky. Because winning two slams is lucky.

This semester at uni I'm doing a radio and tv subject, which means that yes, I will be on tv doing the news for a week later this year. And on the radio. And no, I will not be telling ANYONE what channel/frequency.

Products I'm loving lately:
Byron Bay Bliss Balls -

 Annie's Fruit Leather (apricot) -

Posts you should read (I swear I don't work for Buzzfeed):
How to have a delightful picnic
Small bathroom hacks to make life easier
If you love Lord of the Rings
I feel like these British people problems also apply to Australians
For all the teachers (including my Mum)
If you don't cry at this, you're not human
Social rules you never break (especially number 6!!)

Also, the Goo Goo Dolls Pandora is perfection. I mean, it's pretty much my ipod, but it's fantastic.

Just tried to make avocado brownies and let me tell you, they were all kinds of disgusting. Just make regular brownies guys, you won't hate yourself then.

On that note,
Regularly scheduled posting will resume shortly. Probably with a brownie recipe.
Enjoy your weekend everyone!

6 comments:

  1. wait I want those byron gluten free balls? like really really want. I'm jealous lady! always nice to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too Alex! I promise I've been keeping up to date, in spite of my lack of commenting. And those Byron balls are so amazing!

      Delete
  2. I'm excited to read some of your posts from your writing blog!

    And I'm glad that you're back. I missed reading your posts :) HP shout out- Oh YES. Buzzfeed- Double yes. That website is like a time vortex. I could spend hours on there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks Madison. And I mean, it just isn't a post without a HP shoutout or a link to Buzzfeed. It is like a vortex, I spend hours on there and never leave.

      Delete
  3. Welcome back Bec! Sounds like you've been busy and having fun :]!

    ReplyDelete