Wednesday 25 April 2012

WIAW - carb overload edition

Hello everyone - Happy Wednesday! I love Wednesday's now - it's so great to be involved in WIAW. So again, a big thanks to Jenn at Peas and Crayon for hosting this blogger party.


I spent today writing two essays, doing a bit of exercise, and then, after dinner (a new recipe I made up which received rave reviews from the roomates) I was feeling a bit stressed, so I baked. When I get stressed I run and bake. As it was too dark to run, I baked. Brownies - the best ones so far actually. My recipe too, so I had a pretty good day in the kitchen.

So, these eats are from Monday - my last day with my Dad and grandparents. It was definitely a carb overload. Because of that, I've been trying to be good and restricting the carb intake - but it is hard. My Dad also bought me a tennis racket so I've been spending the last few days playing tennis against a wall - on a real-sized tennis court. I love tennis - I actually find it difficult to put into words how much I love and miss the sport. My tennis coach was such an amazing man, a complete inspiration, and probably the reason I am still so passionate about the sport. I follow it religiously - and will argue for hours about which player is better. So being able to play again after a good two years off, is amazing. Of course, one thing does suck. In real games, when you work your ass off to win a point, you feel so gratified when you win. But the wall always win. So I'm always working hard, yet I never win.

Sorry about that rambling - back to the food. Breakfast was a hotel buffet, so I did eat a lot more than usual.


Bread rolls, toasted slightly, with fresh strawberry jam.


These are overnight oats - at least, I think so. I've never had overnight oats because I was scared of them, but if this is what they taste like - wow. Mine had some apple in and toasted almonds on the top. And of course, I coated the oats in honey.


Another piece of toast, this time with honey.


A mix of cereals with skim milk and pear and apricot. Then I was done - this lovely breakfast kept me full for hours of visiting travel agents (exciting news to come soon) and going to see the amazing Mummy exhibition at the museum.


Lunch was at this great little French bistro. I had melted goats cheese and honey baguette, with a side salad with honey dressing. It was fabulous.


Dessert - brownie from Max Brenners - my Dad insisted.


The best dinner ever - something incredibly healthy and easy and light after a few days of heavy meals. Baked sweet potato, fig paste, brie cheese, avocado, pumpkin, pineapple and apple. I got in some extra veggies this week - I think this deserves some applause.

And now I am going to check out all of your fabulous eats. Oh, and how amazing are the pics from my new camera? My Dad is awesome.

P.S. Today is ANZAC Day in Australia - probably the most important day in our history. So to all Australians and New Zealanders out there - I hope you all had a wonderful day and remembered those fallen men and women. Lest we forget.

8 comments:

  1. I'm another one who bakes when stressed! Guess I must be stressed a lot since I seem to spend a lot of time in the kitchen ;)

    Also, OMG does that brownie look friggin' amazing!! Guess I should get my booty to Max Brenner's huh??

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delicious day of eats! I'm glad I stumbled upon your blog, it's always fun finding new (to you) Aussie bloggers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. those rolls you had for breakfast...oh my. they look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fresh raspberry jam... that sounds so tasty and summery :) The rolls look like pillows of perfection too girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your whole day of food looks delicious! Especially that baguette with goat cheese. Sometimes I think I'd be happy living off of bread and cheese for the rest of my life. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks delicious. I've got to look into those overnight oats.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have been on a honey kick lately, too. honey on toast. honey on a sweet potato! yuuuum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, that brownie.
    Come to meee

    ReplyDelete