The ever lovely MassachusEATS nominated me for the Beautiful Blogger award. This was such a sweet thing for her to do and I was honestly so surprised! It totally made my week last week.
Here are the rules:
1. Copy the Beautiful Blogger Award logo and post it in your post.
2. Thank the person who nominated you & link back to their blog.
3. Tell all of us 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 7 other bloggers & comment on their page to let them know.
Here are seven things I don't think you guys know about me.
1. I have to wear my hair in plaits every night. I have this mane of hair; super thick, a bit coarse, slightly curly (thanks Mum) so if I don't plait it every night it is an absolute nightmare to brush the following morning. I usually just shower and wash the knots out if I forget.
2. I have no middle name. That is like a hugggeeee thing in Australia, not having a middle name. I was always the only person in my class without a middle name.
3. I was born left-handed. But I'm right-handed now. This is because when I was a kid when I started using my left hand to do everything my Mum would hold it and make me use my right hand. This is why I hold my knife and fork in the wrong hands, why I tried to play tennis and learn guitar left handed and why I hold my pen weirdly. And I mean weirdly. Almost every person I've ever met comments on it. In the middle of law exams last year, the markers would come up to me and ask me if I was ok because I was holding my pen wrong. 4. I love reading. I absolutely love reading. I mean, you kind of figured that out right? I want to be a writer, so it shouldn't be a total surprise. My Mum was probably the person who taught me how to read and how to enjoy it. She always encouraged it. In fact when I was a kid, going into preschool, the only thing I wanted to do was learn how to read properly. I could after the first semester. So I told Mum I wasn't going back. 5. On another reading note, I can read really fast. I mean, so incredibly crazy fast. And I have the ability to literally not move for hours while reading. An example of this is when I read the Hunger Games. I read all three in nine hours, in my bed, one day, moving only to get food or tissues (seriously, the tears were flowing in the third book). And when I do finish books I love I cannot read another book for a while. This is because the next book I read is total crap. Even if its a perfectly fine book, I will hate it because it cannot compare to whatever genius book I just read.
And you know when you're reading a really good series?
And then you finish it? And you curl up in a ball, feeling all empty inside.
And your roomates stare at you like you're crazy.
And this is how you feel:
Yeah, I get that.
6. My favourite colour is black. My second favourite is red, but only when I feel like it. I feel like if you wear red people notice you. If you were black, people don't. I don't particularly like being noticed. This was especially true throughout high school as every Awards Night Mum had to bribe me to go. A teacher usually told me I was getting one or two awards and I did not want to get up on a stage in front of people to get an award, so Mum would bribe me with money or clothes.
7. I totally wish magic was real. More than most people, I'd say. I didn't even realise this about myself until a couple of months ago when my brother and I were talking about his laziness. Shaun: "I'm not lazy. I just figure if I keep trying to move things with my mind, one day I might succeed, and then I will know I have the force." Me: "If you had the force, or some kind of magic power and I didn't...I'd just..." Shaun: "I'd totally give you my power. I couldn't do that to you. You want magic more than anything, and I couldn't be the one to get it and you to miss out."
This was really quite nice of him.
And I also tried to think so seven of my favourite bloggers. Unfortunantly I can't link back to MassachusEATS, which is a total shame, but she is definitely one of my favourites along with these lovely ladies:
I could unfortunantly only chose seven. There were three more beautiful bloggers who I desperately wanted to nominate but as I've only just discovered their blogs I figured I should mention the seven I've been following consistently since the start of my blog.
And now onto the WIAW - this time, what I ate on Sunday. So sorry about this word-heavy post guys. As usual, a huge thanks to Jenn at Peas and Crayons for hosting this.
Breakfast: chocolate oatmeal, topped with dark choc bits, coconut, and strawberries. Sunday is my favourite breakfast day - I always experiment and try out new things.
Unpictures snack: Yoghurt, pretty much licked out of container Lunch: Ham, cheese, tomato, lettuce, avocado sandwich on wholemeal bread. And a banana with PB (this is not a pretty picture so I'll save you from it).
Snack: Yoghurt with strawberries, dark chocolate covered blueberries (world's best snack. ever.), homemade cocoa granola. This was followed by popcorn (slightly salted, no butter) (no picture). I was unbelievably hungry on Sunday. So unbelievably hungry. After this I went out for a massive walk/jog. I took it easy, found a cute community garden and only come back when the homeless people starting staking out chairs in the park.
Dinner: Honey BBQ meatloaf, served with a salad of potato, sweet potato and apple, with a little bit of pumpkin and carrot as well.